PRACTICESCommercial Litigation, Trials and Appeals
Alternative Dispute Resolution
Product Liability and Mass Torts
EDUCATIONUniversity of Pennsylvania
1998, B.A. magna cum laude
New York University School of Law
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
Craig S. Kesch
- Defense of national law firm in a professional liability action concerning claims regarding stranger-owned life insurance transactions.
- Representation of prominent satellite television distributor in litigation concerning interpretation of contractual provisions with content providers estimated to be worth upwards of $40 million.
- Successfully negotiated settlement for the largest commercial tenant in a local industrial yard that resolved litigations in two New York State courts.
- Representation of full-service New York law firm in a breach of contract action seeking approximately $40 million for representation of client in connection with the dissolution of a commercial real-estate empire.
- Representation of one of the nation’s largest providers of consumer loans and credit cards, and several of its senior officers and former directors, in one of the country’s largest federal securities class actions to date, one of only a handful to be tried since the enactment of the PSLRA.
- Representation of an underwriter of IPOs in a price-fixing lawsuit brought by two classes of plaintiffs against over 20 defendants, in a complex case involving analyses of antitrust suits in related industries, price fixing allegations based on parallel pricing and class certification.
- Representation of the largest commercial and residential roofing manufacturer in the United States in a RICO, antitrust and tort action arising from allegations concerning the handling of asbestos litigation.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer in a contract dispute over patent royalties, resulting in one of the largest jury verdicts in a contract action in the United States.
- Representation of a prominent real estate investment and management partnership in arbitration proceedings and litigations involving condominium hotels in Florida.
- Won jury verdict on behalf of an international bank that sought remuneration against the purchaser of a $48 million bond portfolio.
Craig joined the firm in 2008, after seven years of practice at Cahill Gordon & Reindel LLP. He became a partner in 2011.
Craig is currently serving on the Board of Directors and as Co-Chair of the Supreme Court Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association. He is a member of the Federal Courts Committee and the In-House/Outside Counsel Committee of the New York County Lawyers Association, the Commercial and Federal Litigation Section of the New York State Bar Association, the Judiciary Committee of the Association of the Bar for the City of New York, and the Federal Bar Council. He has lectured on state and federal procedure and practice.
Craig has been named to the "Super Lawyers" list in 2016 and 2017, and to the "Super Lawyers" Rising Stars list from 2011 to 2015. In addition, Craig was showcased as a recommended professional in the 2016 edition of Financier Worldwide’s Litigation and ADR Handbook.
Associations & Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- New York County Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Council