Our expertise as commercial litigators and trial lawyers has led professionals to call upon us to defend them in many types of suits claiming professional negligence. We also have been retained to prosecute claims against professionals. Our firm has defended and prosecuted professional liability claims in the following types of matters:
- We have represented lawyers and the country’s most prominent law firms against claims of malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty. In some of these cases, the plaintiffs claimed hundreds of millions of dollars in compensatory damages. Our substantial experience in this area enables us to respond quickly and knowledgeably to serve clients’ needs.
- We have represented nationally renowned architects sued on claims of professional negligence based on alleged design defects resulting in personal injury or property damage.
- We have represented accountants and national accounting firms sued on claims of malpractice.
- We have represented interior designers in suits for alleged malpractice in their designs and/or involvement in construction supervision.
- We have counseled attorneys facing claims by former clients of violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct or other ethical dictates governing the conduct of lawyers.
- We have handled suits brought by clients against their former attorneys for violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct and their fiduciary duty to their clients.
The expertise we have developed through defending and prosecuting these cases has made us a law firm of choice for professionals facing risks in excess of insurance coverage and for clients of professionals who have suffered as a result of the malpractice or other wrongful conduct of professionals. These are sensitive matters that we handle with the highest level of discretion.